Appreciating the beauty of the handmade, the delicious, and, of course, The Great British Bake Off, SAMA invites local professional and amateur bakers to create signature confections inspired by artworks in the exhibition Victorian Radicals: From the Pre-Raphaelites to the Arts & Crafts Movement.
Judges include Melissa Fritz, Associate Professor of Baking and Pastry at the Culinary Institute of America, Elise Russ, Pastry Chef and Owner of Clementine, and William Keyse Rudolph, Chief Curator and Presenting Curator of the Exhibition.
All are welcome to the presentation and judging on November 16.
The public won’t be able to taste the creations, but is invited to judge on appearance and connection to the artworks.
Lily's Cookies will be selling treats from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.
Registration is closed. If you would like to be on the waiting list, please email your information at email@example.com. We'll let you know by November 1st if a place has opened up.
- Must be 16 years old or older to enter.
- Registrants will be given two tickets to visit the exhibition to choose an artwork as their inspiration.
- Participants must bring their finished work to the Museum on November 16 for judging.
- All participants will receive up to $50 for their ingredients (with receipts) and a Museum membership.
- The winner will receive $500.