Family Programs Intern
Title: Family Programs Intern
Supervisor: Assistant Director of Education
Interns needed: 1
Dates: January–April 2014 (start and end dates to be determined with supervisor)
Hours: Approximately 8–24 hours per week (M‐F varied, occasional weekend days, varied hours between 9 am– 5 pm)
The Family Programs intern assists with the development and implementation of the Museum’s family programs such as First Sundays for Families, Playdates, Summer Camps, and Family Flicks. The Museum’s Family Programs intern will work closely with the Assistant Director of Education to develop programs and lead activities for family audiences.
- Schedule and implement programs for family audiences, including Family Days (i.e. propose ideas for themes, activities, and entertainment as well as oversee performances and art activities on event day).
- Help manage SAMA Playdates and lead weekly storytelling and art activities related to each theme.
- Convey and disseminate information relative to the Museum and its resources for families to community centers, libraries, schools, and other family service organizations.
- Staff all family programs as needed and manage materials and supply orders.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Have (or be working towards) a degree in art history, art education, museum education, early childhood education, or related field.
- Have experience working with families and/or early childhood education.
- Be familiar with community resources in the San Antonio area.
- Exhibit excellent communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills.
- Possess collaborative and independent work skills
- Be highly organized, motivated, reliable, tactful, personable, cooperative, and flexible.
- Be available to work 1-2 weekends per month.
- Fluency/proficiency in Spanish is desired